The measures imposed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have been effective but may have their downside. Since the WHO decreed the disease as a pandemic, many countries decided to implement quarantine as a mandatory preventive measure. This has been successful, but since people have to spend more time at home, they are more likely to carry out practices that can backfire on their health. However, there is not much to worry about. We have a lot of ways to stay sane during the order to stay home. Pay attention to the following information, and discover everything you can do without going outside. Keep reading!
None of us had ever faced a situation like this. The pandemic, in general, has revolutionized all areas of daily life to which we were accustomed. And, contrary to what we could expect, we have a lot of things to do to stay physically and mentally healthy... Organize work, perform physical activity without leaving home, avoid anxiety and not eat foods that can harm our body. The list is so long that sometimes it seems impossible to stay sane all this time!
Thus, the first thing we must understand is that we must strive to stay mentally stable. This has been noticed since everything started. Those first days of quarantine can even be fun, but keep in mind that this is a measure that will probably last for some time, and after a few weeks, tensions and difficulties tend to appear. To help you in all this psychological work, we bring you a series of tips and advices.
Recommendations to keep your mind healthy.
- Understand reality. This is the first and most important step. We must be aware of what is really happening in order to know what we should do and what we shouldn't, it is also the way in which we begin to collaborate and follow the recommendations of the governments.
- Be responsible and converge to do the right thing. The best way to help others and ourselves is through responsibility.
- Plan your tasks. Planning has been proven to be very efficient in maintaining good mental health. If you organize your daily activities, you will be able to occupy your schedule and feel that you are doing something of benefit, in addition to reducing the sedentary lifestyle.
- Evade disinformation. Read articles from trusted news portals and adequately inform yourself about the situation. Rumors can cause anxiety and stress, they should be avoided.
- Stay close to loved ones and people with whom you have good relationships.
- Use your free time for those things that you have always wanted to do and could not.
- Spend time on creativity. You can learn a new recipe, practice a piece of music, or do some crafts, this will keep your brain active and is very beneficial on a cognitive level.
- Do sports at home. It is very important to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. You can dance, do a simple routine, or use an exercise machine.
- Pay attention to your state of health and that of your relatives but do not obsess over it.
- Use positive speech. Take care of what and how you say it, especially in times of stress or anxiety.
The importance of moving the body.
Moving the body is not only very important to maintain good physical health but also to clear the mind. Although you can't go running, train in gyms or play sports, technologies and social networks are giving rise to many opportunities to stay active without leaving home.
You can do stretches or focused exercises or functional and hypopressive movements. These are essential to mobilize the joints, avoid pain and re-educate postures. And the best thing about it is that you only need comfortable clothes, an Internet connection, and the desire to take action.
Key tips to take your body to its maximum level.
When we talk about its highest level, we are not referring to a perfect appearance but to the feeling that having a healthy body gives. In this sense, there are many factors to take into account, such as diet and physical activity; but this can be a bit complicated. For that reason, we bring you some healthy keys that will make you feel better inside and out.
- Don't buy heavily processed products. We will always eat everything we have at home, which is why experts recommend not to buy food with a high content of chemicals or preservatives. Make a list and buy fresh food, so you have healthier options for meals and snacks.
- Eat fiber-rich products. They will help you stay satiated and thus avoid overeating.
- Drink a lot of water. Reduce the amount of juices, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages. This will help you stay healthy.
- Get cooking. Food will be much healthier if you prepare it yourself. Besides, it is a good way to put into practice your creativity and imagination in the kitchen.
- Eat fruits and vegetables at snacks or when you get hungry between meals. Avoid processed snacks and turn to foods that provide more benefits to your body.